Sunday, January 24, 2010

What Moves Me?

There are many things that take my breath away, a beautiful picture, seeing a vibrant sunset, listening to a certain piece of music, a piece of art, a baby...but the one thing that moves me the most is when I hear Taps. That is usually played at a funeral of a service man or woman, and when I hear that I think of the sacrifice that person made for this country, for their family, for their friends, for ME, so that I could live my life free and independent, think my thoughts, verbalize my feelings, go to whatever church I choose. That music moves me to my soul, makes me cry, breaks my heart, and makes me thank God for every day I have on this earth. I may not utilize every day to it's fullest, or make a dent in society in a good way, or contribute to a needy cause daily, but it is the song that makes me think about what "could" be my life, rather than what it is today.

No comments:

Post a Comment