Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Chapters of Your Life

If I were to put my life into 10 chapters, I think they would look like this:

1. A Child's Life
2. On My Way
3. Making My Own Decisions
4. What Was I Thinking?
5. Close To Death
6. The Love of My Life
7. Single Mom
8. The Professional Me
9. My Walk With God
10. A New Chapter

I think we all think about our lives as we go forward, as we mature in our walks. We think about our past, our future, what we could have done differently, what we want to do from here on out. It's still a daily walk, a daily event, something that when you wake up you have to decide what you are going to do with this day. Journaling helps us clear our paths as to what we want and how to get it. It helps us to realize our potential, to realize the limits we put on ourselvs, or the limits others put upon us. I think the above chapters are the main chapters of my life, if I had to spell them out, but there are so many sub-chapters under each of the main ones. Those are the branches of life we take to get to our destinations, on a daily basis. As I look at the above 10 chapters, I have learned so much and made some changes. There are some changes still to be made, but life is a new discovery every day, and every day that I wake up I choose to discover so much more. I hope I continue along this path with an open mind and open heart and a willing determination.

No comments:

Post a Comment