Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Daily Journaling

Okay, so I've been away for awhile...you know life is just plain crazy, running here and there, working, trying to keep things in order. Here it is a new year, 2010, and I've just been cruising along, not really paying attention to too much. But it's time to change my ways. I need to journal daily, at least make a half-hearted attempt at it. I saw a blog that encourages us to journal once a day http://www.yourlifespelledout.blogspot.com/ I have tried to journal daily, at least in a Word file on my computer, but I figure if I do it on my own blog, that will kill 2 birds with one stone. So here goes.





Today's focus is on: What are some changes you would like to see take place this year? Do you have a plan to make them happen? What one thing can you do this week to get you started on your journey to the changes you wish to make?


Wow, sometimes I think there are far too many to mention, probably 10-20, but I should probably focus on just 1-3 areas that are bigger than the rest, something that compels me to change something in my life. And of course, there are the usual, weight loss, more "me" time, and more "me time with God". So the weight loss is something that is constantly on my mind. I'm not getting younger, darn it all, so it's really time to focus on my health. Along with that, I need to put aside a daily time for my spirituality, quiet time. I could do it while I am on BART, as long as I close my eyes and don't look at anyone or anything that's going on, or I could turn off the tv sooner, and just spend some quiet time with God. I've also been trying to do more with my coc sisters, book club, Wednesday night class, etc. I need to walk a more spiritual walk as well as put it into practice. As well, last year my word for the year was "simplify". Last year I moved my residence, got rid of a ton of stuff I don't use, and am still in the process of getting rid of more "stuff" that I just don't use any more. That makes my life a lot simpler right there.

Let's just suffice it to say tha I need to concentrate on these things going forward, and my life should be a little easier to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment