Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 20 Super You and Journal Spotlight

So the focus today is "If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?" Wow, a super power? I think I would like to be able to go back in time, and make a few changes to some parts of my life that could have been better. First of all I would have gotten a college degree. I've been working all my life, but in today's economy, you have to be better than the rest, and better than the kids coming out of school today. I never got my degree, and have suffered in my professional life because of it. So that much I would change. I would also change my weight. I have always had a problem being overweight, and now that I'm getting older, it's bothering me, and I need to do something about it now. But if I could go back and change it way back then, it wouldn't be bothering me now, would it. I also think I would have made better choices, in men, in my acts, in my deeds. Not that they were bad or anything, just that they could have been better.

I believe I would also be a different person today, making all those changes. I would be my own boss, doing something creative that I love doing, not having to get up and drag myself to a job that I don't like every day just to eek out a living. That is not the way to live life. But overall, I'm still a happy person and like (basically) where I am at.

Now it's off to Wednesday night Bible study with my friend Rhonda and my church sisters...which is always a good place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment