Saturday, January 23, 2010

I Am...

Wow, I could go on forever, or not. I am me, and me is many different layers depending on what day it is. Today is Saturday, so I am the cleaner, the clothes washer, the late sleeper, I am able to work on my day off doing all these mundane but necessary chores that have to get done. I am trying to be creative, responsible, productive. I am emotional, bored, depressed, alone, disheartened, disappointed in people. I am able to choose who I want to be, where I want to be. I am a mother, a friend, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a Christian, an artist, I am all things good and honest, tried and true, friend and confidant. I am my father's daughter, a Skrehot, independent and stubborn, determined and unsure, confident yet unsure. I am a typical working class US citizen with all these different paths that I am free to take on a daily basis, whatever I choose. I am thankful that I was born in the United States, a strong, independent and morally driven person, feaful of God, yet eternally thankful for all I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment